Researchers can use Draco Hill as your laboratory.
We have sites of interest for
University of Iowa graduate students can have a research site only 25 miles away and they can come and go as they please.
Here are some questions we have –
- What effect do prairie plants have on soil erosion and how soon does that happen?
- How does that measure up here with our farm neighbors?
- What is the bulk density of the soil where conventional farming was occurring compared to the prairie restoration? The upland prairie remnant?
- What percentage of organic matter do we have now and how can we measure that over time?
- What’s in the water and what are the best approaches for improving water quality?
- How can we measure soil quality and its change over time in the permaculture garden? In our sustainable food gardens? In the prairies?
Contact us and let’s talk!